Saturday, January 2, 2010

Geocaching In Suffolk, VA Day #1

Brrrr!! It's cold out there!! Hello everyone. Didn't do much work today. I woke up this morning in Pleasant Hill, NC about 6AM and was assigned a load around 8AM. After mapping out my route, I hit the road.

Just across the Virginia state line to US58 eastbound all the way into Suffolk, VA. I parked the truck at the Hess truck stop along US13 on the south side of town.

That's it! That was my work day. Done by 11AM. I don't pick up my load until Monday morning.

So, I called Enterprise Rent-A-Car and they came and picked me up. I rented a Chevy HHR for the weekend to go sight seeing and Geocaching. Hey if I gotta sit here all weekend I might as well enjoy it!

Too bad it's so cold out. The high for the day was 32 degrees, but with a strong wind it felt more like 20!

By the time I looked up all the Geocaches in town and programmed the GPS'r, it was 2:30 pm. I did the outskirts first, seeing the rural areas. I drove 49 miles and found 13 caches. Took lots of pictures too! Then it got dark and I came back to the truck.

Tomorrow I plan to cache more in town and visit the historical sites. For now, here's the photos. Enjoy!

Grabbing a cache on the guardrail on my left.
That's rental waiting to go winding around the curves!



Remnants of an old mill that used to be there.





Another guardrail cache on the bridge.



No comments:

Post a Comment