Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Sitting in Indianapolis

Woke up this morning about 6:30 am. I waited for Great Dane Trailers to open at 7:30. Talked briefly to another truck driver who was also there picking up his trailer. Finally getting hooked up and sweeping out the trailer, I make my way around the I-465 loop of Indy to the south side. Pulled into the Pilot truck stop for a shower. Now, what's for breakfast? The Pilot has a Subway which isn't much for breakfast. So I drive 2 blocks down to the Flying J and suffer through their buffet. Halfway through eating I call in to check my messages. Got a load assigned quicker than I thought I would. 30 minutes later and 16 miles, now I'm in Plainfield, IN sitting at Dick's Sporting Goods distribution center. Trailers loaded and waiting but no paperwork. That's my job; Hurry Up and Wait! Oh well, more later.

1 comment:

  1. Your blog makes me feel so blessed to have the comforts of home and the access to all we seem to take advantage of like a hot breakfast and the use of a bathroom when we want. Thank you so much for this blog...Keep on writing.

    ReplyDelete