Wednesday, September 16, 2009

From Paducah, KY to Atlanta, GA

Another day has come and I'm closer to home. Albeit too early, but closer none the less.

I started out the day in Paducah, KY at a truck stop along I-24 right on the Kentucky-Illinois border. I awoke around 6:00 AM and by 6:30 I was on the road. I finally stopped at a Love's Travel Center in Plainview, TN around 9:15 to have breakfast at a McDonald's. You guessed it, a #2 sausage, egg, & cheese McMuffin with an orange juice and sweet tea! The breakfast of champions... right? OK, maybe not but it's good!

Following I-24 eastbound to Chattanooga where I turn south onto I-75. In Georgia I stop at the Pilot Travel Center in Carbondale for fuel at 1:00 PM. A quick stop and go and I'm on my way again. After taking the I-285 loop around Atlanta to the west, I jump onto I-20 to GA70. I arrived at M & W Distributors at 3:00 to deliver the 43,000 lbs of carrot cake and brownie mix I've been hauling. As it turns out, my appointment wasn't until 7PM so it's just a matter of sitting and waiting.

So at 6:30 they finally get me unloaded. I circled the I-285 loop to the southeast corner. There is the Con-Way drop yard where I will be relaying with another driver in the morning. So here is where I'll stay tonight.

That was my day today. Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. "Relaying with another driver?"...please explain. Does that mean you exchange trailers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Relaying a load is getting a load from another driver by swapping trailers. This is usually done when a load needs to keep moving but a solo driver cannot drive the distance legally. So the first driver picks it up from the shipper, drives several hundred miles, then passes it off to another driver who continues on.

    ReplyDelete