Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Albuquerque to Tucson - 551 Miles

Woke up this morning around 2:30 AM local time. Of course, my body is still on Eastern Time and I went to bed about 10:30 (8:30 here). Anyway, couldn't get back to sleep. So I read another chapter in my "The Exemplary Husband" book. I recommend it to all the husbands out there. (And for you wives: The Excellent Wife book to go along with it.)

Around 5 AM, I decide to go inside and get something to eat at the T/A. Then at 6 AM, I drive the few miles down the road to Rio Rancho, NM and find the consignee. It was kinda strange pulling up to them because it was a residential street. Their work shop was in their backyard and a school across the street. By the time they arrived so I could back down the side of the house, the school was getting under way. Needless to say I caused a big traffic jamb by blocking the street! Oh well...

From the top of the hill there I got a nice view of the sunrise over Rio Rancho.


 
At the end of the street was a Geocache, so of course I found it before leaving too!

By 8:45 AM, I'm back on I-25 headed south. I stop at a rest area in La Joya, NM for another Geocaching break. Then at 1:30 PM, I stop in Las Cruces, NM for fuel, lunch, and a shower.

Now at 3:15 PM, it's non-stop all the way westbound on I-10 until I reach Tucson, AZ where I park at the TTT Truck Stop for the night.

That's it for today. Here's a few more photos through NM for you to enjoy.










No comments:

Post a Comment