Monday, October 19, 2009

From Georgia to South Florida VIA HOME!

It's always good to get home! Hello again and sorry for the missed post yesterday. When you get a chance to be home, you just don't think about blogging sometimes.

Let's see where was I last. I started out Saturday morning in Patillo, GA around 7:45 AM. Going south on I-75 for just over an hour before stopping in Vienna, GA to fuel up at the Pilot there and grabbing a quick McDonald's breakfast.

Then it was non-stop all the way down to Winter Garden, FL arriving at 2:30 in the afternoon. I parked the truck and called my lovely wife to come and pick me up. A few minutes later and there she was.

It's so good to be home even if just for one night!

Back to work today. I left Winter Garden at noon. South on the Florida Turnpike to Yeehaw Junction where I decided to take a different route this time and save on some tolls. In Yeehaw Junction I went south on US441 down to Okeechobee. There I went east on SR-70 to Hwy 710 to I-95. Not too bad a drive. Once on I-95, I drove another 45 miles south to Pompano Beach.

A few turns off the Interstate and I'm at Pet Meds to make my delivery in the morning. Fortunately they have a large parking lot so I can stay here overnight. I thought I may have to go about a mile or so north of here to the Con-Way Freight yard for the night. I didn't really want to do that because it isn't that big there.

But I arrived down here at 4PM on a cool 74 degree afternoon. So I went for a 3 mile walk to grab a bite to eat and a Geocache (of course!). Ate some spaghetti and Meatballs with a side Italian salad at a place called Bobbie's. I was the only one in there which kinda worried me. But it was a Monday and a little early for the dinner crowd. But it wasn't too bad. Still not as good as MY spaghetti sauce though!

After dinner, I walked over and grabbed the cache still another 1/2 mile away. So it was a good 3 mile walk round trip.

That's it for now. See you again tomorrow. OH, and watch for an announcement soon on a way you can supplement your income during these tough economic times.

No comments:

Post a Comment