Saturday, October 17, 2009

From Missouri to Georgia

A long day today. I started out this morning at 8:30 in Wright City, MO after a quick bite to eat at McDonald's. It was east on I-70 into St Louis, then east on I-64 in Illinois, to south on I-57.

I stopped in southern Illinois around 12:15 at a rest area in Metropolis to stretch my legs for 30 minutes. I was going to grab the Geocache there, but there were too many people around.

From there I turned onto I-24 eastbound through Kentucky, Tennessee, and into Georgia.

At 5:30 I pulled off into a truck stop along I-75 in Sugartown, GA. I saw a sign that said BBQ so I thought I'd give it a try. The small restaurant was pretty busy, so I took a seat and sat there for a while. Looking around a bit, I never did see any waitresses. About half the people were eating and most of those were burgers. I didn't really see or smell BBQ. And after about 5 minutes without seeing a waitress anywhere, I finally just got up and left.

I continued south on I-75 for another 45 minutes and just pulled into a T/A in Cartersville and ate there. The buffet looked better than it tasted.

After that I drove a bit further and came to a stop in Patillo, GA about halfway between Atlanta and Macon. That's 665 miles for the day. ONLY 378 miles for tomorrow and I get to see my wife and sleep in my own bed for a change. I'll be passing right by home on the way to Pompano Beach, FL. The load can't deliver until Tuesday morning so I'm taking a HOME day off.

WOHOO!!

Well, that was my day today. See you on the road...

3 comments:

  1. Well Mark, I'm getting closer...I hope. I say I hope because I won't believe anything a recruiter tells me until after it's over and done.

    I have one more week until CLASS A CDL in my pocket. I have an orientation date for Werner (not crazy about that but I have to start somewhere), I am talking with Windy Hill and CRST as well. I have heard/read good things about WH and I know that CRST is simply another training company that hires newbs like me.

    Anyway, hope to meet you and shake your hand somewhere down the road in the future. I appreciate the time you take to share your experiences here with us. I will likely do the same just so my family can keep up with my whereabouts.

    94nole

    ReplyDelete
  2. A BBQ place that doesn't smell like BBQ is just wrong...I know I know I haven't registered my TB. I've been busy man! And sick but still...I'll try to get it done this week. G-d bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CPA: 1 more week! That's great! Where's your Werner orientation going to be at? Don't know anything about WH or CRST. I don't think I'd want CRST though only because they are reefers! They can be noisy when you're trying to sleep! I hate parking next to them at night.

    Keep an eye on my blog here in the next week. I'll be posting some info here on how you can supplement your income while working for Werner!

    Wretched: Yea I know after seeing the BBQ sign, I was in the mood for it. Oh well. I hope you get to feeling better soon. I'll be in town this weekend. Maybe we can do some urban caching around Maitland after church.

    ReplyDelete